About appliance choice for patient with jaw problem

Home Forums Dental Sleep Medicine and Bruxism Therapy About appliance choice for patient with jaw problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Suzanne 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bilgee
    Participant

Hi I am Dr. Bilgee Jigjid from Mongolia, recently went for sleep/bruxism course in September. Started testing our patients using STADDS sleep monitor, and one patient using TAP T appliance right now, husband tells us that his wife still snoring during the night. her AHI was moderate around 36, I need to check it again at my office. Could not record bruxism. We asked her to make her appliance to move her jaw little bit more, however she complains that she has sore TMJ area. We put her botox and waiting for the results. patient will arrive tomorrow for check up. We are kindly asking you to give any sugesstion what we have to do in this kind of situation, is there any suitable appliance for her case. will appreciate your kind/prompt reply as becauseits late night here in Mongolia.

Thank you so much
    Bilgee

Suzanne

There could be several reasons for the discomfort from using the Sleep Appliance…
    The patient could be advanced to far which can cause pain. If this is the case the patients VDO may need to be increased. Also, is the patient wearing the AM positioned each evening Before the appliance placed in the mouth and also in the morning when the appliances removed. All three of the above could be a reason for the discomfort the patient may feel. Please let me know if I can help in any other way. Thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.